Kalam doing makeup for Solange Knowles – Beyonce’s younger sister !!!
Life is really full of surprises! 2 weeks ago, I got a phone call from Hugo Boss that an international celebrity is invited to celebrate the 2 new stores opening in Hong Kong and they would like me to do her makeup.
Out of curiosity, I can't help to ask who the celebrity is. The reply comes back as "Solange Knowles"!!! Apparently, there aren't too many "Knowles" I know about. The first one will be of course Beyonce Knowles, and then the second one will be her younger sister - Solange Knowles, who is an American singer, songwriter, and model. What a great opportunity that this is happening to me! Thank you my friend who ever you are for the recommendation 🙂 I really appreciate this!
Because I haven't worked with her before, I have researched a lot of her latest looks as my reference. For her, I bring along with "A LOT" of makeup products that includes Dolce & Gabbana; Becca; MAC; YSL; NARS; Benefits; Cle De Peau and of course my Kalamakeup brushes 🙂
It is such a great pleasure to meet Solange at the Landmark mandarin hotel room. Although she just arrives HK a few hours ago before the makeover starts, her skin is so radiating. She looks really gorgeous already without the makeup and her features definitely remind me a lot of her sister.
That night, she is wearing a black and white stripy one piece Hugo Boss dress and she would like to put the focus on the eyeliner and a very bold red lips. In case anyone is interested what I have applied on her face, here are the products I use:
1. Becca radiant foundation - I mix both Buttercup and Tobacco to create her shade. The great thing about this foundation is you can create a very flawless and natural base if you blend it well enough.
2. Nars Multi-stick Portofino as the cream blush - I love this shade so much as it works so well on all different skin tones and it can be used on all eyelids, cheeks and lips.
3. Becca shading and highlight powder Serrana - simply to enhance her beautiful facial features to create even more dimensions on her face.
4. MAC black track eyeliner - to first create the outline of the cat eye on the upper eyeliner.
5. D&G liquid eyeliner - I want to put a stronger emphasis on the cat eyeliner so I reapply a more solid dark liner on top of the MAC eyeliner
6. NARS red dragon lip liner & MAC red lipliner & D&G Ultra lipstick - I first outline the shape of her lips with MAC and then fill in the full lips with NARS. Add the D&G in the middle of the lips to create a fuller and dimensional lips.
Again I am so thankful to have this chance to work with Solange and can't wait to have all these nice surprises coming! The Hugo Boss party was hosted at the Watermark and Solange made it ROCK!